What topics am I most interested in as a journalist-
As a journalist my main areas of interest would be celebrity culture as I tend to always want to keep up to date with the latest news and it entertains me greatly all the time. Another area would be fashion as I am interested in what people are wearing and the way fashion changes and in what ways it stays the same.
Blogs/news sites that cover these areas best-
- www.saltandchic.com, this is a blog by a girl who lives near my home town and is always trying new styles and showing you how to wear the same piece in different ways making it more value for money.
- www.eonline.com this always has breaking news of celebrities and has many interviews, this is mainly American based celebrities.
- www.nowmagazine.com focuses on both American and British celebrities.
- http://www.tmz.com/ is always great to follow on twitter as it gives links to the breaking news stories that come out with celebrities.
- http://www.buzzfeed.com/ This has both celebrity and traditional news while also having funny and entertaining list articles.
Hobbies and interests:
- As a student I like to socialise a lot and enjoy the nightlife wherever I am, I like to travel around the country visiting my friends at their university and experiencing life there.
- I also enjoy watching a lot of television mainly reality TV here in the UK to across the pond such as The Only Way is Essex and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I enjoy watching films from many different genres and reading fantasy books mainly those by Richelle Mead.
www.bravotv.com/blogs this has the blogs of many of the cast members from the Real Housewives TV series.
www.unrealitytv.co.uk tends to focus more on UK based reality TV with a few spoilers
blue-succubus.livejournal.com this is a blog by the author Richelle Mead who writes about upcoming books she is doing and release dates unfortunately the tour dates and release dates are geared towards an American audience.
www.digitalspy.co.uk has a lot of scoops on the soaps and comments on the storylines which lets me keep up to date and if I miss an episode this lets me know what I have missed in detail.